- 1 (7-pound) buffalo chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, cut into pieces
- Easy Barbecue Sauce
How to Make It
Brown buffalo roast on all sides in hot oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven.
Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and liquid smoke; pour over buffalo roast. Insert meat thermometer. Top with onion and celery.
Cover and bake at 275° until desired degree of doneness: about 1 1/2 hours or 140° (rare); about 2 hours or 160° (medium). Let roast stand 20 minutes before slicing. Transfer to a serving platter, and serve with Easy Barbecue Sauce.