Buffalo Mozzarella with Balsamic Glazed Plums, Pine Nuts and Mint
Balsamic vinegar is good friends with buffalo mozzarella. The tanginess of the vinegar is a nice complement to the subtlety of the cheese. Because this recipe is a little bit sweet and a little bit savory it can be served as a appetizer or dessert. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2752.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 large ball buffalo or cow's milk fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 4 ripe plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 splash olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put vinegar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Adjust heat to low and simmer until it is reduced nearly three-quarters in volume and thickened to a syrup. About 15 minutes.
- Add plums to syrup turning gently to coat and continue to cook for another 4-7 minutes more. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile assemble mozzarella slices on platter, allowing to overlap slightly and season with salt and pepper to taste. With a fork, remove plums from syrup and place atop cheese, then top with the remaining syrup, pine nuts and mint. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note