- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup bottled wing sauce (such as Crystal), divided
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups (3 x 1/2-inch) carrot sticks
- 2 cups (3-inch) celery sticks
- 2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 12 ounces French bread, toasted and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- calories 352
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 10.5 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 28.7 g
- carbohydrate 34.1 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 991 mg
- calcium 319 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare dippers, place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place the chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with 2 tablespoons wing sauce. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, and brush with 2 tablespoons wing sauce. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until done. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the beans in boiling water for 1 minute or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Place beans on a platter with carrot, celery, bell pepper, and bread; set aside.
To prepare the fondue, combine the blue cheese and the cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in wine, milk, and cream cheese. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 8 minutes or until mixture is smooth, stirring frequently. Pour into a fondue pot. Keep warm over low flame. Serve with dippers.