These were just ok and difficult to eat for leftovers as the "crust" gets soggy. Probably won't make again.
Buffalo Chicken Thighs
Play up the buffalo chicken theme with a side of celery sticks and light ranch dressing.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 474mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Shake to blend. Add half of chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking to remove excess flour mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add flour-coated chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer browned chicken to a jelly-roll pan. Repeat procedure with the remaining uncooked chicken, flour mixture, and oil. Discard remaining flour mixture. Bake chicken at 375° for 8 minutes or until done.
- 3. Combine hot sauce and butter in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds or until butter melts, stirring to blend. Place chicken in a shallow dish; drizzle with butter sauce. Toss to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note