I have to give these 5 stars because my guests loved them! I served these along with several other different tapas for a wine and food pairing party. I made them exactly as the recipe read. Kids love them too!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
For this slider, we tuck the usual Buffalo wing accompaniments--carrots and celery--inside the patty. This gives you all the flavors of a wing plate while also helping to keep the lean breast meat moist. When shredding the celery (so that it incorporates nicely), you'll have to stop occasionally to pull and discard the strings. Be sure to search for celery bunches with nice, fresh leaves still attached.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 26 Minutes
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 796mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup shredded celery
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 whole-grain slider buns, split and toasted
- 16 celery leaves
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Place chicken in a medium bowl; add panko, carrot, celery, paprika, egg, and garlic. Mix just until combined. Divide into 8 portions; shape each into a 3-inch patty.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Combine hot sauce and butter in a medium bowl; add patties to bowl, turning to coat. Layer bottom half of each bun with 1 patty, about 1 teaspoon blue cheese mixture, 2 celery leaves, and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note