This was very good. My daughter loves wings and we were looking for a lighter version. Great for a party and the blue cheese dip was delicious.
Buffalo Chicken Skewers
Yummy Buffalo Chicken Skewers win points for flavor and presentation--making it the perfect appetizer for your next gathering. Use leftover chicken in a sandwich or wrap for lunch the next day.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce such as Frank's RedHot
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 40 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Carrot and celery sticks, optional
- 1. Make dip: Pulse sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar in a food processor until mixture has blended into a chunky sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to use. (Dip can be made up to 2 days ahead.)
- 2. Make chicken: Stir butter, hot wing sauce, sugar and vinegar in a pan over medium-low heat until butter has melted. Remove from heat. In a large ziplock bag, mix cayenne, 1 tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. salt and flour. Add half of chicken and toss until well coated.
- 3. In a large skillet, warm half of oil over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off excess coating. Add to skillet and cook, turning on all sides, until chicken is crispy and no longer pink in the middle, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Wipe out skillet and repeat, tossing remaining chicken in coating and cooking in remaining oil.
- 4. Rewarm hot sauce mixture in a pan or microwave. Pour over chicken in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Thread 2 pieces of chicken onto 20 small skewers. Serve with dip and carrots and celery, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note