Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese-Buttermilk Dressing
The popular flavors of Buffalo wings and blue cheese dip team up in this salad.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup lettuce, 1 chicken breast half, and 1/4 cup dressing)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 317
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 26.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 473mg
- Calcium: 172mg
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 cups cubed red potato
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves
- Blue Cheese-Buttermilk Dressing
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large dish. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut carrot and celery lengthwise into 12 thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Place strips in a bowl of ice water. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Place potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool.
- Prepare grill. Remove chicken from dish; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices. Set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on a large platter. Top with potato, carrot and celery strips, chicken, and tomato halves. Serve with Blue Cheese-Buttermilk Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese-Buttermilk Dressing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes