Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 5.0 from 5 reviews
- Recipe type: Salad
- Author: Snappy Gourmet
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- Perfect side dish or main dish for dinner, picnics, tailgating, or potluck.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (such as mezze penne)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups precooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and celery salt in small bowl until well combined.
- Place pasta in large mixing bowl. Stir in chicken, blue cheese, carrots, and celery. Slowly mix in dressing until desired amount.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- SNAPPY TIPS: You can serve this as a side dish or main dish and can be served hot or cold. It would even be great for a tailgating or picnic potluck! It’s mild to moderately spicy. If you would like it to be spicier, use more hot sauce and less olive oil. If the pasta salad seems dry after being in the refrigerator, add a little olive oil or hot sauce.
- SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Use any shape pasta you’d like. Instead of chicken, you could use precooked small shrimp (peeled and deveined) or leave out the meat all together for a vegetarian option. A little ranch flavored seasoning mix would also be good in the dressing. Red onions and/or scallions would also be a good addition.
- (For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet at http://www.snappygourmet.com to sign up for an email/RSS subscription or visit Snappy Gourmet on Facebook or Twitter)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads