Made these for a party and they were a huge hit. Definately make the celery side and the blue cheese sauce as they elevate the meatballs from great to outstanding. I cannot believe someone gave it one star and didn't even make the recipe. That throws the average ratings off. It is an excellent recipe. Preground fennel, pepper and regular salt would have been fine substitutes. Geesh!
Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small sweet onion, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) bottle Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 32 small rolls or buns, split
- Blue Cheese Sauce
- Garnishes: thinly sliced celery, fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a mortar bowl or spice grinder; grind to a fine powder, using a pestle or spice grinder. Place chicken, next 6 ingredients, and crushed spices in a large bowl. Combine mixture with hands until blended and smooth (2 minutes). Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Drop mixture by rounded spoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan, using a medium-size cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 inches).
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Toss meatballs with hot sauce. Serve on split rolls with Blue Cheese Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note