- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small sweet onion, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) bottle Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 32 small rolls or buns, split
- Blue Cheese Sauce
- Garnishes: thinly sliced celery, fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to Make It
Place first 3 ingredients in a mortar bowl or spice grinder; grind to a fine powder, using a pestle or spice grinder. Place chicken, next 6 ingredients, and crushed spices in a large bowl. Combine mixture with hands until blended and smooth (2 minutes). Cover and chill 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400°. Drop mixture by rounded spoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan, using a medium-size cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 inches).
Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Toss meatballs with hot sauce. Serve on split rolls with Blue Cheese Sauce.