Buffalo Chicken Cups Recipe
Community Recipe from
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1/2 cup(s) cayenne hot sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) blue cheese crumbles
- 3 scallions sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, and then sprinkle evenly with the smoked paprika and chili powder. Place in a baking dish and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove chicken and let cool, then shred.
- Meanwhile, fit a wonton wrapper into each of 24 mini baking cups, pressing the wrappers carefully but firmly into sides of cups. (Be careful to keep the corners of each wonton wrapper open; otherwise you will not be able to fill them!) Bake for 5 minutes or until very lightly browned. Keep wontons in baking cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the melted butter and hot sauce. Add the chicken and stir until well coated. Then fill each wonton cup with a tablespoon or two of chicken, and then top with a pinch of blue cheese. Return wonton cups to oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is soft and melty. Remove and top with sliced scallions, and serve warm. These are best served immediately.
- If you’d like to save a step, you can easily substitute a rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Just shred it, and follow the steps to mix it with the hot sauce, etc.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buffalo Chicken Cups Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes