Buffalo Burgers with Raisin-Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 pounds ground buffalo
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, raisins, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet. Add the pine nuts and cook over low heat, stirring a few times, until well browned, about 5 minutes; let cool. In a large bowl, gently mix the ground buffalo with the pine nuts. Pat the meat into 4 burgers. Rub each burger with some of the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. In the skillet, heat the oil just until smoking. Add the burgers and cook over high heat until browned, crusty and rare, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the burgers on the buns with lettuce and the raisin-garlic mayonnaise.
- Make Ahead: The mayonnaise can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This