Buerre Blanc Reduction
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine wine and next 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until mixture has reduced by half. Add cream, and cook 2 minutes or until mixture has reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Slowly whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over simmering water.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This