You may recognize the name of this dish from the menu of your local Chinese restaurant. In order to get a great "sear" on the tofu, allow time for each side to turn golden before stirring.
Oxmoor House OCTOBER 2006
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
2. While rice cooks, stir together broth and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add tofu, and cook 10 minutes or until golden on all sides, turning occasionally. Remove from pan, and set aside.
4. Add carrot, baby corn, and snow peas to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables just begin to soften.
5. Stir in broth mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in reserved tofu. Serve immediately over rice.
Go to full version of