You may recognize the name of this dish from the menu of your local Chinese restaurant. In order to get a great "sear" on the tofu, allow time for each side to turn golden before stirring.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 218
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 9.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.8g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 3/4 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed extrafirm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrot (about 4 carrots)
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole baby cocktail corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1. Cook brown rice according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- 2. While rice cooks, stir together broth and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add tofu, and cook 10 minutes or until golden on all sides, turning occasionally. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- 4. Add carrot, baby corn, and snow peas to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables just begin to soften.
- 5. Stir in broth mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in reserved tofu. Serve immediately over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note