- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 3/4 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed extrafirm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrot (about 4 carrots)
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole baby cocktail corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- calories 218
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 5.8 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- protein 9.9 g
- carbohydrate 31.8 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 585 mg
- calcium 61 mg
How to Make It
Cook brown rice according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
While rice cooks, stir together broth and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add tofu, and cook 10 minutes or until golden on all sides, turning occasionally. Remove from pan, and set aside.
Add carrot, baby corn, and snow peas to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables just begin to soften.
Stir in broth mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in reserved tofu. Serve immediately over rice.