Savory Buckwheat with Tomato, Cheddar, and Bacon
This gluten-free, polenta-like cereal packs 41g whole grains into one serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 190mg
- 2/3 cup cooked cereal (Bob's Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat Hot Cereal)
- 1 center-cut bacon slice, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- Slivered jalapeño pepper
- Top cooked cereal with cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato, and some slivered jalapeño pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note