Yield: sixteen 4- inch pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups sifted buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Butter or margarine, melted
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Combine buttermilk and molasses; stir well. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth. Stir in oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, well-greased griddle. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges are slightly dry. Serve hot with butter and syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note