- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Melted butter
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir until butter melts and thermometer registers 110°. Pour warm milk mixture into flour mixture, and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in volume (1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Whisk buckwheat batter to deflate; whisk in eggs.
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat, and brush lightly with melted butter. Working in batches, spoon 1 tablespoon batter onto griddle, spacing at least 2 inches apart. Cook until bubbles form on top and begin to pop, about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn blini; cook 1 minute or until golden brown on bottom. Cover with foil, and keep warm while cooking remaining blini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This