- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water in a 1-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flours and salt in a large bowl; make a well in center.
- Beat egg yolks lightly in a small bowl; add yeast mixture, milk, and butter. Add to dry ingredients, stirring with a whisk until mixture is smooth. Cover with a tea towel. Let mixture stand at room temperature 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until batter is light, bubbly, and doubled in bulk.
- Stir mixture to eliminate air bubbles.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Drop blini batter by tablespoonfuls onto a hot, lightly greased griddle.
- Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook until lightly browned. Keep warm. Serve with sour cream and your selection of caviar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This