Buckhead Diner Soft-Shell Crab Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup French green beans
- 8 cups mixed baby lettuces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 8 soft-shell crabs, dressed
- Vegetable oil
- Red wine vinaigrette
- Shallot-dill mayonnaise
- Boil green beans in water to cover 2 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain again.
- Combine green beans, lettuces, and bell peppers; set aside.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine milk and buttermilk.
- Dredge crabs in flour mixture, and dip in milk mixture. Dredge in flour mixture again.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry crabs 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Cut crabs in half.
- Toss together bean mixture and 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette; place on serving plates. Arrange 4 crab halves on each salad and dollop each with shallot-dill mayonnaise. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buckhead Diner Soft-Shell Crab Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes