Very good summer dessert. Not too sweet, creamy and cold. Measure crumbs carefully; 9 or 10 Safeway brand choc grahams were more than a cup, so I had to add a bit more butter to the crust so it would hold together--and then crust was too thick! I used semisweet chocolate chips for the ganache, and the boiling cream & butter didn't melt them all. I worried about nuking the mixture to get the chocolate melted, so ended up with ganache that was a little crunchy here and there. Friends and husband agreed this is the best peanut butter pie they've ever had. Will definitely make again.
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- 1 cup crushed chocolate
- graham crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang; mist bottom with nonstick cooking spray. Mix crumbs with sugar and butter and press into bottom of pan. Bake until crust is set, 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Make filling: Beat all ingredients except cream with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth, 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form, 2 minutes. Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture; pour into pie shell, smoothing top. Cover, pressing plastic wrap directly onto surface of pie. Freeze for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight. Remove pie and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Make glaze: Place chocolate in a bowl. Bring cream and butter to a boil and pour over chocolate. Stir until combined and chocolate is melted. Let cool to room temperature. Remove plastic from pie; spread glaze evenly over top. Chill pie, uncovered, until glaze is set. Keep pie in refrigerator or cooler until ready to eat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts