Please call these delights by their names. Just "Buckeyes". I am a translated Ohio Buckeye and have never heard these called Buckeye Balls. The only difference I make is that I use 1/2 a parafin bar melted with the chocolate. I also freeze mine before dipping them.
- 1 (16-ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 (16-ounce) packages powdered sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Beat peanut butter and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, and chill 10 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave chocolate morsels and shortening in a 2-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip each peanut butter ball in melted chocolate mixture until partially coated, and place on wax paper to harden. Store candy in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buckeye Balls Recipe at a Glance