I made this recipe as written and the peanut butter mixture never stiffened enough to make balls. I put it in the freezer and it was still was too soft to stick together. I was offered advise by others to maybe cut back on the amount of butter used. In looking around at other recipes, I have found that most of them call for half the amount of butter as this one. I had to throw the whole batch away, disappointed!!
The term Buckeye Balls is code for delicious chocolate, peanut butter candy goodies.
Yield: Makes 7 dozen
- 1 (16-ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 (16-ounce) packages powdered sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Beat peanut butter and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; chill 10 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave chocolate and shortening in a 2-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip each ball in chocolate mixture until partially coated; place on wax paper to harden. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts