This was one of the first Cooking Light recipes I ever made and it was very good. I had never used (or heard of) Bucatini and enjoyed trying something new. I never cooked with porcini mushrooms either. I would probably make this again, although its hard to make repeats since there are so many other good recipes to try. If I did make it again, I would probably make more pasta.
Bucatini with Mushrooms
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 49.3g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 201mg
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 ounce)
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces uncooked bucatini
- 3 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 (4-ounce) packages exotic mushroom blend, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Sage sprigs (optional)
- 1. Rinse porcini thoroughly. Combine porcini and 2/3 cup boiling water in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup soaking liquid. Chop porcini.
- 2. Cook pasta with 1 tablespoon salt in boiling water 10 minutes or until al dente; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, mushroom blend, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in porcini, sherry, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates.
- 4. Finely grate 1 ounce cheese; crumble remaining cheese. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in pasta, 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup reserved porcini soaking liquid, 1/4 cup grated cheese, cream, chopped sage, and pepper; toss well to combine. Drizzle with oil; toss. Place about 1 1/4 cups pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon crumbled cheese. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note