I made some tweaks to this recipe and the end result was fantastic. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I doubled the amount of shallot and garlic and used 3/4 of an ounce of the porcini mushrooms and half a cup of the porcini liquid. I used red wine vinegar instead of the sherry as that's what I had on hand. I also went easy on the sage. My husband ate way too much of this, so sadly no left overs. It's yummy without the truffle oil, but even better with. I'll definitely make this again.
Bucatini with Mushrooms
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 49.3g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 201mg
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 ounce)
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces uncooked bucatini
- 3 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 (4-ounce) packages exotic mushroom blend, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Sage sprigs (optional)
- 1. Rinse porcini thoroughly. Combine porcini and 2/3 cup boiling water in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup soaking liquid. Chop porcini.
- 2. Cook pasta with 1 tablespoon salt in boiling water 10 minutes or until al dente; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, mushroom blend, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in porcini, sherry, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates.
- 4. Finely grate 1 ounce cheese; crumble remaining cheese. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in pasta, 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup reserved porcini soaking liquid, 1/4 cup grated cheese, cream, chopped sage, and pepper; toss well to combine. Drizzle with oil; toss. Place about 1 1/4 cups pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon crumbled cheese. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes