We replaced the traditional BLT's lettuce with baby spinach for an updated twist and an added punch of nutrients.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 204
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 719mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 8 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 8 (0.8-ounce) slices light wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise on 1 side of each bread slice. Divide spinach evenly among 4 bread slices; top with 2 tomato slices and 2 bacon slices. Sprinkle sandwiches evenly with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side down. Cut sandwiches diagonally into halves, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note