Brussels sprouts with toasted walnuts and apple cider-chili butter sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) brussel sprouts
- Recipe for
- 1 cup unfiltered apple cider
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Generous pinch ofespelette pepper, coarsely ground chili, cayenne, or chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter in 1 piece, plus more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- You don’t need to be a chef to turn out a good sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cider, shallot, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring and scraping the sides of the pan occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the liquid reduces to 2 tablespoons.
- 2. Add the butter and start to whisk it in circles. The butter will start to melt and the mixture will bubble and boil around the edges. The melted butter should look creamy, rather than melted and oily. Keep stirring and blending until almost all of the butter is incorporated, then remove the pan from the heat as you work in the last bit. Whisk in the salt. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, pepper, or a touch more butter, if you like.
- 1 pound medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, or quartered if large
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup coarsely choppedwalnuts
- 1. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Have on hand a large rimmed baking sheet.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the sprouts with the olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Spread the sprouts in a single layer on the sheet. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a skewer.
- 3. Meanwhile, during the last 5 minutes of roasting, spread the walnuts in a baking dish and toast them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 4. Arrange the sprouts on a platter in a mound, sprinkle with butter sauce, and garnish with walnuts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pamswearingen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brussels sprouts with toasted walnuts and apple cider-chili butter sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables