Brussels Sprouts with Pecans
These take just a brief turn in the pan--slicking the sprouts cuts down on their cooking time. The dish's sweet, buttery flavors mellow the bite of the Brussels sprouts. This is a slight modification of a recipe from Cooking Light, December 2002. The photo credit: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) white or yellow onions chopped
- 4 clove(s) fresh garlic thinkly sliced
- 8 cup(s) Brussels sprouts halved and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in Brussels sprouts; saute 2 minutes. Add broth and sugar; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently. Stir in salt. Sprinkle with pecans.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoAnne Barnum and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note