Very, very yummy. Didn't stray from the recipe and I see no reason for it. Flavors all work well together. Served with a broiled steak and fork-mashed purple potatoes.
Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Pine Nuts
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: 25 minutes. "My husband and I love brussels sprouts, a vegetable I wouldn't have gone near until I started to discover new ways to enjoy them," says Sunset reader Wendy Skidmore.
Yield: Serves 6
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and brussels sprouts, and cook until brown and softened, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add broth and cook until sprouts are tender but not soggy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add pine nuts and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small dish and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables