Fantastic! I've tried lots of brussels sprouts recipes that I didn't like, but I ate the leftovers of this one every day for five days straight. Bacon can be substituted for the pancetta, but try to get the pancetta if you can - its unique flavor goes really well with the sprouts and chestnuts.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta, Chestnuts, and Olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, washed and cut in half
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (7.4-ounce) jar chestnuts
- 1 cup pitted Sicilian olives
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta, and cook 5 minutes or until it begins to crisp. Add Brussels sprouts, onion, and garlic, and sauté until golden brown.
- 2. Add 3 cups water, chestnuts, and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat to low, and cook 1 hour. Add butter, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables