Fantastic! I've tried lots of brussels sprouts recipes that I didn't like, but I ate the leftovers of this one every day for five days straight. Bacon can be substituted for the pancetta, but try to get the pancetta if you can - its unique flavor goes really well with the sprouts and chestnuts.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta, Chestnuts, and Olives
We loved this side in our Test Kitchen so much we were all fighting for the last savory bits. Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 1 hour 5 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, washed and cut in half
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (7.4-ounce) jar chestnuts
- 1 cup pitted Sicilian olives
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta, and cook 5 minutes or until it begins to crisp. Add Brussels sprouts, onion, and garlic, and sauté until golden brown.
- 2. Add 3 cups water, chestnuts, and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat to low, and cook 1 hour. Add butter, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This