Loved it. I also used thick cut bacon. Make sure not to overboil the Brussels sprouts lest they become a bit soggy. Halved the recipe and still boiled 6 minutes and it was really too much time. Still tasty though.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 10.2g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 318mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 2 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Cook Brussels sprouts and 1 tablespoon salt in boiling water 6 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain well.
- 3. Cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium-low heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta from pan, reserving drippings.
- 4. Cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Add reserved drippings, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until browned, stirring after 10 minutes. Combine Brussels sprouts, pancetta, and vinegar in a large bowl; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables