Brussels Sprouts with Marmalade Glaze
Fresh Brussels sprouts are best during the winter months. Choose small sprouts that are firm and bright green.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 46 Minutes
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly, and remove any discolored leaves. Trim stem ends. Place Brussels sprouts in a large saucepan; add broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Drain Brussels sprouts, reserving 1 cup chicken broth. Melt butter in saucepan; add onion and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Add reserved broth and marmalade; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, 15 minutes or until glaze reduces and thickens. Add Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper; toss well until thoroughly heated. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note