Brussels Sprouts With Maitre D'hotel Sauce
- 48 fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup consommé
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- Place Brussels sprouts with salt water to barely cover in a small Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place in a serving dish, and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet; gradually add flour, stirring until well blended. Stir in consommé, water, lemon juice, and parsley; cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in yolk.
- Pour sauce over Brussels sprouts, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables