I didn't like this recipe at all. I really like brussels sprouts...but, this recipe was horrible. They smelled good while cooking but the taste was like a blah...I didn't have the heart to make my daughter explore. I will not try to recreate this again. Sorry....
Brussels Sprouts with Browned Garlic
To trim Brussels sprouts, discard the tough outer leaves and trim off about 1/4 inch from stems. Don't trim too much from the stems, or the sprouts will fall apart. If you're not a Brussels sprouts lover, try substituting green beans. Be sure to brown the garlic over low heat, because it can burn in a flash.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.3g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 6 cups trimmed Brussels sprouts, halved (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine the Brussels sprouts, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, salt, and pepper. Place sprouts mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until sprouts are crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in juice. Add to sprouts mixture; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brussels Sprouts with Browned Garlic Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Winter, Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables