Brussels Sprouts with Applewood Bacon from Southern Living
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh Brussels sprouts halved
- 5 slice(s) applewood bacon diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1. Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling, salted water to cover 4 minutes; drain. Plunge sprouts into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- 3. Melt butter in hot drippings over medium-high heat; stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minutes or until sugar is melted and sauce thickens slightly. Stir in Brussels sprouts; cook, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Add salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brussels Sprouts with Applewood Bacon from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables