1. Clean the Brussels sprouts well and put them in boiling water for about 5 minutes to blanch them.
2. Rinse and set aside.
3. In a large cast iron or sauté pan, melt half of the butter and half the olive oil.
4. Add the chopped garlic.
5. Cut each of the brussels spouts in half. THIS STEP IS ESSENTIAL! Add them to the pan.
6. When the sprouts are browned and crispy, add the bread crumbs and the rest of the butter and olive oil.
7. At the last minute, add the cheese so it melts browns as well.
Go to full version of