- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 ounces dried thin egg noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, sugar, and kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts, rinsed
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- Soy sauce
- calories 214
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 6.3 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- sodium 286 mg
- cholesterol 19 mg
How to Make It
Put mushrooms in a heatproof bowl. Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil. Ladle 2 cups water over mushrooms and let sit until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
Add noodles to pan and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add brussels sprouts and onion and cook 3 minutes. Drain mushrooms and squeeze out any excess liquid, then add to wok. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to soften and brussels sprouts are bright green, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in seasonings and broth and cook until most of liquid is gone, about 3 minutes.
Add remaining 2 tbsp. oil and the noodles, tossing to coat, and cook until hot, about 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts and cook just until warm. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with green onions. Serve with soy sauce.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.