my entire family loved it. I substituted coconut oil for olive oil for flavor. And I added bacon (everything is better with bacon:)
Brussels Sprouts and Sausage Soup
This soup makes an easy, substantial, and delicious main course, especially if you serve it with a loaf of hearty rye bread and a fresh green salad. Prep and Cook Time: 45 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 344
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Sodium: 1054mg
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 large red potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Trim ends off brussels sprouts, remove any damaged external leaves, and cut in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- 2. Remove casing from sausage and cut into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Put olive oil and sausage in a medium pot over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is well browned, about 7 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into roughly 1/2-in. pieces.
- 4. When sausage is browned, add bay leaves and caraway seeds to the pot. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add potatoes, broth, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Add brussels sprouts. Partially cover pot and reduce heat to low or medium-low to maintain a steady simmer. Cook soup until potatoes and brussels sprouts are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve soup hot.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note