- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 large red apple (such as Honeycrisp), thinly sliced
- 5 smoked bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
How to Make It
Remove and discard stem ends from Brussels sprouts; peel leaves, and place in a large bowl. Add apple slices.
Place bacon in a single layer in a large cold skillet. Cook bacon over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Add cooked bacon to Brussels sprouts mixture.
Add vinegar to skillet, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Boil 1 minute or until reduced to about 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally.
Stir in mustard and next 4 ingredients. Add oil in a slow steady stream, stirring constantly, until blended. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and sugar. Pour hot dressing over Brussels sprouts mixture; toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve immediately.