my co-worker's mom makes $73/hr on the internet. She has been out of a job for 10 months but last month her pay was $18587 just working on the internet for a few hours. .......>>>>>>>> www.jobs60.com
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Photo: Jonny Valiant; Styling: Deborah Williams
Braise the Brussels sprouts and toast the breadcrumbs up to a day ahead. Then assemble and reheat before serving.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.9g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 2 hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 (2-ounce) slice French bread baguette
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings; crumble. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shallots to drippings in pan; sauté for 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add Brussels sprouts and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil; cook 6 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are almost tender. Uncover and remove from heat. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; toss to combine. Spoon Brussels sprouts mixture into a 2-quart broiler-safe glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Place bread in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; sauté for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Add cooked, crumbled bacon to toasted breadcrumb mixture. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over Brussels sprouts mixture. Broil 3 minutes or until golden and thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables