- 2 center-cut bacon slices, diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots (1 large shallot)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced (5 cups)
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 70
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 4.2 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 2.8 g
- carbohydrate 6.6 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 85 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring often. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon, reserving drippings in pan; drain bacon. Add shallots to drippings in pan; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add butter and Brussels sprouts; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
Remove pan from heat; stir in pepper, and sprinkle with bacon.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.