These were so delicious! I served them for Christmas dinner and guests who normally said they didn't like Brussels Sprouts (politely) tried these, then went back for seconds! YUM! So easy to prepare too. If you want to add some variety to your veggie rotation, try these - you will not be disappointed.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic, and Shallots
Garlic, bacon and shallots are all you need to add intense flavor to the Brussels sprouts in this easy, 5-ingredient side-dish recipe.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 16 Minutes
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced shallot (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and sauté for 5 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Remove pan from heat. Remove the bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan (discard the remaining drippings).
- 2. Return pan to medium-high heat, and stir in bacon, shallot, and Brussels sprouts; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until the broth mostly evaporates and the sprouts are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note