Have made this many times and its always a hit. Use a big pan!
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic, and Shallots
Garlic, bacon and shallots are all you need to add intense flavor to the Brussels sprouts in this easy, 5-ingredient side-dish recipe.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 16 Minutes
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced shallot (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and sauté for 5 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Remove pan from heat. Remove the bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan (discard the remaining drippings).
- 2. Return pan to medium-high heat, and stir in bacon, shallot, and Brussels sprouts; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until the broth mostly evaporates and the sprouts are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note