Brussels Sprouts with Applewood Bacon
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 5 applewood-smoked bacon slices, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1. Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling salted water to cover 4 minutes; drain. Plunge sprouts into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- 3. Melt butter in hot drippings over medium-high heat; stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until sugar is melted and sauce thickens slightly. Stir in Brussels sprouts; cook, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brought to the table by chef Brett McKee of Eli's Table in Charleston, South Carolina.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This