Brussel Sprouts are not always too popular but I just made this Brussel Sprout with Bacon, Hazelnuts plus added some crumbled gorgonzola cheese and I had four people ask for the recipe. It is definitely going to be part of my Thanksgiving dinner. It is easy to make and can be served righ in the skillet.
Brussels Sprout Hash with Bacon, Hazelnuts, and Mint
Photo: David Tsay; Styling: Dani Fisher
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, washed, cored, and shredded
- 2/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 chopped green onions
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons grease. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter with reserved bacon grease in same skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts, hazelnuts, and green onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7 to 10 minutes or until sprouts are slightly wilted and tender.
- 3. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Toss with crumbled bacon and mint just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables