- 1/2 pound thinly sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, washed, cored, and shredded
- 2/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 chopped green onions
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons grease. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Melt butter with reserved bacon grease in same skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts, hazelnuts, and green onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7 to 10 minutes or until sprouts are slightly wilted and tender.
Season with kosher salt and pepper. Toss with crumbled bacon and mint just before serving.