I've never made anything like this before and they were delicious. I brought them to a party and warmed them up in the oven and the outside was crispy and inside wasn't soggy. The instructions weren't the clearest, but I kept the brussel sprouts in halves and just coated a and cooked them that way. I will make these again!
Brussels Sprout Beignets with Bacon Aïoli
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- Vegetable oil
- Bacon Aïoli
- Chop 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts; cut remaining Brussels sprouts in half.
- Sauté chopped Brussels sprouts in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until golden; add garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; whisk in milk. Stir in cooked and uncooked Brussels sprouts.
- Pour vegetable oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry beignets 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain well on paper towels. Serve with Bacon Aïoli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brussels Sprout Beignets with Bacon Aïoli Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This