Brussels Sprout and Bacon Crostini
Photo: Theresa Raffetto; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 582mg
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon (about 7 slices), chopped
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 24-inch baguette, cut on a bias into 40 thin slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounces pecorino cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler into 40 slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until crisp, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Remove and discard all but 3 Tbsp. bacon fat from skillet.
- 2. Raise heat to medium-high. Add sprouts to bacon fat in skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add red pepper, lemon zest and reserved bacon to skillet. Stir, taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 3. Brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil; place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- 4. Spoon a rounded Tbsp. of sprout mixture on each slice of baguette. Top each with a slice of cheese and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note