Brussel Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Currants
Peel away outer leaves and trim fresh Brussels sprouts, reserving the leaves and centers. This shortens the cook times.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Brussel sprouts trimmed
- 1 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) shallots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried currants
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free, less sodium chicken broth
- Separate sprounts into leaves, leaving centers intact.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med high heat. Add nuts to pan; cook 2 min to toast, stirring constantly. Coarsely chop nuts.
- Melt butter in pan over med hi heat. Add shallots to pan, saute 1 min til golden, stirring frequyently. Stir in sprouts centers and leaves, currants, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Add broth, cover reduct heat and cook 7 minutees. Increase heat to med high, uncover and cook 4 min til liquid evaporates and centers are tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, sprinkle with nuts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janebanta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brussel Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Currants Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables