Brussel Sprout Salad
From Pizza Antica
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 9 slice(s) Bacon pre cut
- 2 tablespoon(s) Canola Oil plus 3 Tbsp for salad
- 2 whole(s) Medium Onions peeled and sliced
- 6 slice(s) Country-style bread crusts removed and cut into 1/2" squares
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2-3 Brussels Sprouts (about 40)
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 large Shallot minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) Canola Oil
- 1. To make the vinaigrette, soak the garlic, shallots, and thyme in vinegar for roughly 45 minutes. After soaking, slowly whisk in the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and reserve covered.
- 2. Cut bacon into 1/2" squares and cook over low heat until almost crisp; drain off the fat and set aside.
- 3. Heat 2 Tbsp canola oil until just smoking and cook sliced onions over medium-high heat until golden brown; drain and set aside.
- 4. Toss cubed bread with extra-virgin olive oil and toast in a 300-degree oven until golden brown and crispy (approximately 20-25 minutes); allow to cool to room temperature and set aside.
- 5. Cover the eggs with cold water, bring to scald, and let sit in scalding water for 8-9 minutes (be sure the yolk is firm); run cold water over eggs to stop cooking.
- 6. Peel eggs and cut into 1/8ths; when cut, reserve covered in the refrigerator.
- 7. Clean the sprouts by removing the first few dark leaves and discarding. Cut off the stem, and separate the leaves one by one. When you get to the light green center and can't pull off the leaves, either slice the heart very thin or reserve for other uses.
- 8. In a large sauté pan, heat remaining canola oil until almost smoking and add sprouts leaves; toss until wilted (about 3 minutes), season with salt and pepper.
- 9. Add reserved onions and bacon and warm until hot; when hot, add vinaigrette and toss to distribute.
- 10. Add croutons and chopped eggs, toss to incorporate, and serve!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jbarbera and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads