Bruschetta with Peppers
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cappers drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) julienned fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounce(s) creamy Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and cook until soft, about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the sugar and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Stir in the capers and basil, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the baguette crosswise into 18 thin round slices. Brush the bread rounds lightly with olive oil on 1 side. Arrange them in rows, oil side up, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Top each toast round with a teaspoonful of the pepper mixture. Place 2 small pieces of Gorgonzola on top. Return the toast to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and warm through. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Valera and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bruschetta with Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers